"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, January 23, 2011

GROW

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:18

To "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" is our goal for this year. GROW is my word for the year. Our main growing goal is this verse, and I am excited to see how else God is going to grow our family and lives throughout this year.

Many words came to mind when I thought about this year, but this one is the one that God is calling us to. He is calling us to grow deeper; to have crazy faith. :)

He is calling us/me to grow in our influence. I have been hanging out in 1 Thessalonians for the last few weeks and the first 4 chapters are all about being the example you are supposed to be for others. (I haven't finished ch. 4 and haven't started ch. 5 yet.) I just soak up the words!! They are amazing!
1 Thessalonians 1:3-4 work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father, knowing, beloved brethren, your election by God. WOW!! That is some powerful stuff right there. I feel as though these verses are going to sum up the next chapter of our lives. As we grow in our influence of others it is going to be a mighty work of faith, labor of love, and be full of patience of hope in Jesus!!!! Through all the work, labor, and patience, we will have to keep our eyes on the promise that we are elected by God!
Then, in verse 5 Paul says that the gospel they presented to the Thessalonians didn't come to them in word only, but in power and in the Holy Spirit! Oh, may that be true of us. May all those that we share the gospel with receive it in power and in the Holy Spirit!!! Because in so doing, they will move on to verse 6 and become followers of the Lord, and in turn they will become examples for others.

It is scary to realize just how far your example goes!! I have so much to work on in myself that it scares me to think that others are watching me! May my faith go our before me so that I need not have to say anything! (verse 8)

This will start in my own home. God is calling for changes in our home. He is calling us to really get the foundation down so that we can build successfully. In order to do this, I have to take steps back and start over.

God is calling me to grow as a wife and mother. My calling as a mother is to raise up godly young men and women! In order for me to do that I have to grow, and we have to grow in our family walk with God. I am excited to see what all God is going to do as we get back to the basics. We are going to grow in our use of scripture; in our memorization of scripture; and in our practice of scripture. I hope that we will grow in our love for God and our love for others.

My calling as a wife still baffles me. :) It is so deep and there are so many layers. I pray that God will truly grow me into the Proverbs 31 wife that He wants me to be. I want to grow in my ability to encourage and affirm.

As far as everything else... it will all be used to work toward our goal of growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord! Whether it is school, play, chores, fellowship, whatever, it will all be working toward "growth in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ".

We do not know the extent of growth that will occur over this year, but I do know that it will be "exceedingly abundantly above all we could ever ask or think according the power that works in us" Eph 3:20. I am excited to see all the ways of growth that God has in store for us in 2011. I pray that this is the beginning of a lifetime of growth for the Karr family!! May we grow gardens full of God's fruit! :)

2 comments: