"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Book Review



I was given the opportunity to read Melinda's book, How I Forgave My Molester, a month or so ago. WOW! Forgiveness has really become a taboo subject nowadays. We feel we are entitled and forgiveness requires humility. Melinda was molested as a child by someone close to her family. She shares her journey and how she forgave him. I cannot imagine having to forgive someone for something so horrendous! Melinda's book is a true testimony of how God can work mighty things in us when we allow Him. Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. This is a true testimony of how God does far beyond our expections!! If you know someone who has walked a similar road as Melinda, I would recommend reading this book. It is a quick read, but a powerful read. Her site Traling After God also has amazing resources for someone walking this journey. Thank you, Melinda, for the opportunity to read your story and for the testimony that is your journey!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Michelle for your lovely review! I'm so glad you enjoyed the short ebook :) God does amazing things!

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I have been behind on reading, but want to let you know I'm praying for you. Would you pray our family as well? We have someone in our family who is hurting and needs to be healed emotionally & spiritually.
    Well, this is not about me, though - I wanted to tell you I loved the pics of Joy Michelle and your other sweeties. And you always have Janie Beth's grave fixed so pretty!
    The book you read must be powerful. Forgiveness is a wonderful thing - I read an article recently about a woman who forgave her daughter's killer and visited him in jail, leading him to the Lord. Thanks for sharing your review. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new pictures! Love the song "Held". And wow, I was taken aback by the book title. Not what I was expecting, seriously. HA! Glad it was a good one. We all have forgiveness issues for sure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete