"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Thursday, March 31, 2011

15 Months


WOW!!! It is hard to believe it has been 15 months! It hit me yesterday that it was 15 months, and it even fell on the same day. It has been 15 months since I held you for the first time and since you met your Heavenly Father. I still miss you so much! You are on my mind and in my heart every single day. Joy Michelle resembles you, and I often wonder what you would have looked like at her age and how bright your face would have looked with a precious smile on it. But, one day I will see!!! I know you are smiling right now as I type this because you are in the most wonderful place and you are so happy and whole. I can almost feel you in my arms, it is like the breeze. Katie Jo has begun asking you to give God a hug for us. :) We have often prayed for Him to give you a hug, but what a special thought it is that you can hug God for us. To know that you are in His presence and safe in His arms is so comforting!!! Once we get some warmer weather, I hope to go to your grave and sit a while. I have missed doing that. I have started lighting a candle in the kitchen to remind me of you. I hope to get one that is fake so that it will last longer. I have begun to associate the vanilla scent with you since the candle is vanilla sented. It brings a smile to my face whenever I catch a wiff of the vanilla. :)  I was thinking about the statement that it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all the other day, and I realized just how true that is! I am so thankful that I got to love you, and still love you, even though I lost you. My life wouldn't be the same if I had never loved you at all! You are my precious heavenly baby girl, and I will be forever grateful to have the privilege of calling you my daughter! I love you!!!

Thank You, Abba, for opening my heart to a love that I never could have imagined. Your sacrifice and love for me is all the more real after losing a child. I love my family deeper. You have blessed me beyond measure and in ways I never thought possible! I love You!!! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Michelle, have you read the book Heaven is for Real? My husband and I both read it and loved it. It got us so excited about meeting Catherine again. Just thought I would mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) Janie Beth is so beautiful, praise be to our Lord Jesus Christ that you will indeed see her again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and Janie Beth

    ReplyDelete