"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Friday, April 22, 2011

One Thousand Gifts/ Thankfulness

I have found the library!!! I know that sounds funny. We have been going to the library for a long time, but it never occurred to me to check out new books that I wanted to read. LOL I happened upon One Thousand Gifts when I was checking out some biographies on George Muller, and I was so excited! It was on my wishlist. Let me tell you, it is amazing!!! She was searching for so many of the same things I am searching for. The book is about being thankful, eucharisteo. I really can't put it into words because she does so well.

God taught me about thankfulness quite sometime ago. I have worked through a lot and had to learn to be thankful for my past. I am so glad that God taught me that lesson before Janie Beth! It has given me the ability to look back on her life and be thankful; at least most of the time. Thankfulness brings peace. It recognizes that God is in control. Thankfulness puts the focus on God and gives me perspective. I had never thought of thankfulness the way that Ann Voskamp writes about. The journey God took her on is wonderful. Thankfulness is a sacrifice sometimes. That is another lesson God had already begun teaching me, but I am learning so much more. The last few days of noticing everything have brought me so much closer to God! I can feel the Holy Spirit so close. Thank You, Abba!!! Thankfulness deepens your faith and helps you grow. It brings trust to another level.

Here is the beginning of my list of gifts. :) I am trying to take more pictures too. I want to truly enjoy life and live it more abundantly!

1. Pancakes baking
2. syrup dripping

3. sticky smiles and hands
4. the promise of my promised land
5. pearls of water on pink roses climbing up to the heavens



6. cute kid words (jingles instead jenga :) )
7. playing games
8. wet dew between my toes; God's morning drink to His creation!
9. a husband of faith
10. the bright colors of the UNO cards when they are dropped on the floor
11. long hair that can hang over the shoulder
12. pretty toes ;) Can you guess!?!

Yep, Eli!!!

13. walks in the evening with the family
14. the sun poking through the gray clouds
15. the sounds of little voices singing God's praises
16. chatting with a good friend
17. water falls

18. walking through gardens

19. the sound of pages being turned by little hands in the car
20. Libraries
21. the ability to read
22. daisies :)

23. mama birds on their eggs

24. slushies during "happy hour" at Sonic


25. for this view...

Thanks Poppa for mowing the other day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Wordwise Hymns. It was your heading that caught my eye this morning, as I'd just posted an article on the gospel song, "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms." But I enjoyed my visit to your site. Beautiful family. Great pictures. God bless.

    ReplyDelete