"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Monday, September 6, 2010

TIME

Time has been on my mind a lot lately. I have been meaning to blog about it for over a week. I also have another post that I hope to get written today or tomorrow because God touched me yesterday! But, the kiddos are up this morning, so only time for a short thought. :) I know, short thoughts and Michelle don't really go hand in hand, but maybe I can do it. :)

Time meant a lot at the end of my pregnancy with Janie Beth. I was doing my best to cherish every moment. I was trying to make a lifetime of memories in what turned out to be 6 weeks.

Time seems short as we search for a job. As we watch the bank account diminish, we wonder when this time in our lives will end.

Time makes my memories of Janie Beth not as fresh. I cannot feel her in my arms anymore. I have trouble bringing to mind how her little fingers felt around mine. It hurts my heart, but it also makes me realize time keeps going and I can't stand still as it moves.

Time is watching my children grow. I cannot believe Josiah is almost 7!!! Where has the time gone!?!

Time goes too quickly! And it only gets faster the older I get.

Time has brought Joey and I closer than we ever were almost 8 years ago when we got married. Has it really been that long already!?! Once again time ran away from me.

Time is nearing the end of Joy Michelle's pregnancy. I am cherishing every moment just as I tried to with Janie Beth. I do not take these movements for granted. I love the hiccups. I long to hold her, but I know she needs more time to grow. Her time to enter the world is not here yet.

Time will show what God's call is for each of my children.

Time, Time, Time! We will be learning about telling time this week as we school. The second hand just keeps on ticking.

God reminded me last week that His view of time is far different from mine! Here I keep asking Him to provide soon, but to Him soon could be a minute or a thousand years. I have to trust His time! His time sees the entire picture. His time works all things together for good. He makes all things beautiful in their time!

This journey we are on has not reached the point of beauty in God's eyes yet. I believe He is making Janie Beth's journey beautiful by changing me and my family. We are not who we were last year. Time is molding us into God's image and a family after His own heart.

Once again, I am called to change my perspective. I must look at what time has done for me instead of what it seems to be taking away from me.

I will look for the beauty from ashes that time is bringing. I will not think about the time I have missed, but look forward to the time that is here and coming. Without time I wouldn't be who I am. Time isn't always easy, but that is when I grow. Faith comes in the hard times.

Time may be diminishing my memories, but it is making my heart fonder. I realize the beauty of time and I strive to cherish every moment. I will allow God to mold me into someone that uses time as an ally and not an enemy. I will not ask for more time; I will make the most of my time each day.

It amazes me how God has changed me over time! I do not even recognize the person I was 10 years ago, and I am thankful!!

Thank You, Father for the time You have spent on me and continue to spend on me. I need Your touch and molding. May You continue to refine me and use this time in our lives to draw me closer to You. May my focus be You and using my time for Your glory instead of my own. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment