"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Brag on God

I need to take a minute and brag on God!!!! He is so good!!!! Here we were sitting without a job and only having about 4 months worth of money left to our name, and then GOD! We have been fighting the VA for quite some time to get Joey approved due to some injuries during Army duty. (He was a chaplain in the Reserves for 10 years.) Well, it has been worked out and he was finally approved. I say "finally", but in reality it was perfect timing by God!!! We will be getting back pay as well as a monthly allotment starting May 1. We will now be able to live for over a year as we continue to search for the church God has called us to. He has been beyond faithful during our time here! I tried my best not to worry about our dwindling finances and trust God because He had been so faithful, but my flesh still creeped in!

This got me to thinking about my saying. I mentioned in my last post that I wanted it to be "Janie Beth" and what she had done for me. YIKES!!! That is giving Janie Beth glory and not God!!! I want people to automatically think about God when they think about me. I want others to see Jesus when they look at me. I want "God" and "Jesus" to be my phrases in good ways. I want to tell the world all that they are doing for me. Even through the rain, God has been awesome!!! Instead of saying look what Janie Beth has done for me I should be saying looking what God has done for me through Janie Beth's journey. Only God can bring me through to the other side of losing a child. Only God can sprout flowers from the storm and during the storm! Only God can provide for a family for over 2 years that doesn't have a job! GOD, GOD, GOD!!!! :)

Isn't God good!!! God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment