"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Friday, April 23, 2010

Love Revisited

Love. It has come up again as something I have in a way stopped doing. Love is doing. I have been stuck in worry. When you worry you get in the mud. You are running trying to get out and all you are doing is flinging mud all over you and getting dirtier by the minute. How do I replace worry? LOVE!

This week I have retracted back into protect myself mode. I hate doing that!! I pray one day through the Lord's strength I will not do it anymore. Things happened this week that have made me worry and when you begin to worry about one thing the door is opened and all kinds of junk come in. Satan is jumping on every chance he gets to pick at my brain. I am battling in the arena of my mind. I am reading the book "In the Arena of My Mind" and man am I ugly!!! I have just finished reading about all the junk in my mind and I am very ready to read about what to replace it with!

I am seeking yet again to walk as an imitator of Christ in love. It is hard. Love is an emotion that you have to chose to put on. It doesn't come naturally. But, oh how freeing it is when we put it on. It is like putting fresh clothes on out of the dryer when you get out of the shower on a cold morning. :) Love brings peace. Love covers a multitude of sins. Love is like clothing. Clothes cover a multitude of imperfections. When I chose to love someone I pray for them. 

I wrote a post about love back in Feb. I always seem to need the same lessons multiple times. I need again to love without reservation!

Abba, may You clothe me in love. May You teach me to love others as I love myself. Lord, I want to be an imitator of Christ. May You continue to mold me and help me. I am broken and I need Your grace to fill my cracks. I love You! Draw me deeper in love with You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment