"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Seven!!!

There is no way that my first born is 7 already!!! But, alas, he is. :( This past year has flown by, well the whole 7 years has flown by actually!! I had no idea the night that Josiah was born how much being a mother would change my life. :)

Josiah, you have matured so much this year, especially the last few months. You have grown in your knowledge of the Lord this year too. I believe God has amazing plans in your future. You are in first grade now, and doing very well! Math is your favorite, and comes very easy to you. You have made great strides in reading in the last month, and it won't be too long before you are a fluent reader. I look forward to watching you with science and geography this next semester. You can also memorize scripture extremely well!! Now, we are working on applying it, especially where Eli is concerned. :) You are a good big brother, but you and Eli definitely need time away from each other. He looks up to you so much and wants to do everything you do. You are so tender and loving with Joy Michelle, and you and Katie Jo just click. You and Katie Jo are closer than either of you realize and I pray that it stays that way. You definitely have no memory of her not being in your life.

You did 2 seasons of soccer this year. You have made remarkable progress in your play. You even dislocated your knee cap in the fall, but it popped back before you needed therapy. When you went to the doctor in Oct, you were 47 lb and 47 in.

You are still a fan of Nascar, but you are now a pretty big fan of football. Although, you do try to annoy your father by pulling for whatever team Alabama is playing. :) Florida and Auburn are your favorite right now. You would be considered a fair weather fan. LOL Your plan is to play football this next fall. You have played golf with Dad several time this year. You shaved 30 strokes off of your score! You love having a special day just you and Dad.

You are a big help for me during the day! You are the best cleaner of the kids. :) Lately you have been building elaborate castles and setting up mega wars in your room with blocks and army men. It all goes well until time to clean up. :) That part is never fun.

I am blessed to by your Mom and I am excited to watch you grow and mature. I love you so much, and I pray that I grow to love and cherish you even more. I plan to pray and ask God to show me specific verses to pray over you this year. God has awesome things in store for your 7th year of life. He is going to bless you! You have given your heart to Jesus, and I pray that God will grow you in the grace and knowledge of Him, and grow the fruit of the Spirit in you. I love you, Josiah Mark!

Here are some pictures of your year...

 You made your first pizza at Dominos
 Lost your first tooth!
 Got Poison Oak

 You have always loved to sleep in weird positions and places!
 Finished your first book in Sparks
 Graduated Kindergarten!
 Got hit by a bat that was swung by Eli

 Went to the Fire Station
 Go Eagles!
 Became a big cousin
 Became a big brother again... twice
Janie Beth
Joy Michelle
 Posed for many pictures. LOL
 Made it all the way across!
Received your RA vest
 Still your crazy self!
It is amazing how much you have grown in the last year when you look at the first picture compared to the last! 

How in the world did I forget that you graduated Kindergarten!! Maybe this year didn't go by as quick as I thought because I had forgotten about a lot of this stuff! So glad to have pictures!

HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY Josiah Mark!!! You gave me the title Mommy :)

1 comment:

  1. Man, I wish we lived closer-it sounds like our 7 yr olds would get along great. Mine is 7 next week. :)

    ReplyDelete