"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Monday, June 7, 2010

Just an Update

Sorry for my absence. I have been engrossed in my re-organization and downsizing. Due to this fact, I will be engrossed in the mountain of laundry that piled up while I so diligently worked on the rest of the house. :) This is also crunch time for VBS. I need to learn a few songs and get my crafts ready, as well as learn the stories a little better. I am pretty sure I have my work cut out for me. LOL

I must say that I am very pleased with the way the house is coming together. The kitchen is set and ready for school as well as cooking, as long as you don't open certain cabinets. ;) (They are on the list.) The living room is nice and comfy and welcoming. The kids rooms look great! The hallway is set to be cleared out this week. The master is waiting for the tall bookcase to be switched out with a short bookcase and what else, I am not sure. Just don't open any closets in any of the rooms! LOL Those are still on the list too. And you may want to steer clear of the garage. It is still a work in progress, but it is coming along. We have purged quite a bit and I am ready to purge more. Darn VBS getting in the way. :) I hope to get a little done around my VBS preparation, but we shall see.

We have also been in softball mode. My youngest sister finished up her regular season last week, so we went to the last couple games. Then, we found out the tournament started this past weekend, so we were out there Sat too. We will be cheering her on again either tonight or tomorrow night. Go Patriot!!!

I also got my very first pedicure! It was lots of fun. I dragged a good friend along with me. :) You know she kicked and screamed. ;) Then, we finished up our little pampering with some awesome cupcakes! Sorry for no pictures! I didn't even think about it, and my camera was in my purse the entire time!

Overall, it was a pretty good week, just felt very busy. I seem to keep the first 2-3 days of the week slow, and then cram everything into the end of the week which makes it feel like it was incredibly busy. Crazy, I know! This week is looking to be the same. But, I am looking forward to my special morning with Katie Jo on Saturday! It is a girl's morning and she is getting her hair cut and getting to spend her Claire's gift card, plus we have to go shopping for a baby shower.

I had a few hard days last week, and I believe I have recovered. It seems to take me a couple days to pull out of those times! I have been wearing my necklace with Janie Beth's picture on it again, and she has some special spots on the living room shelves now.

I better get moving this Monday morning! There is already a war going on in the living room between the cowboys and indians. Hopefully, I will remember to show you all the newest member to our family later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment