"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Friday, June 11, 2010

Jeremiah (Isaiah 55: 8-9)

I was looking up the meaning of Jeremiah this morning because it is the name we have picked out for a boy. It means "Jehovah is high". I let that just roll around in my mind. High. WOW! When you imagine how high you can go in our atmosphere and realize that God is far higher than that, you just sit in wonder and amazement.

It also brought to mind Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thought are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord, "for as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."

His ways are higher than my ways. I hate to admit this, but there are days that I wonder if I should have even allowed a pregnancy to be possible at this stage in my Janie Beth journey. I was reminded by my Beloved, my hubby, last night that God has special plans for this baby and He formed this baby and knows his/ her days and His calling for his/her life. His ways are higher than my ways. I didn't form this baby, God did. I didn't decide that we would still be in Huntsville a year and half later still waiting for the open door of a job. I would have thought that crazy, but His ways are higher than my ways.

I flipped back in my Bible to Psalm 34. Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

In order to taste, I have to do something. I can't taste food without actually putting it in my mouth. For me to "taste and see that the Lord is good", I have to do something. According to this verse, I have to trust Him. In order for me to know the goodness of the Lord, I have to trust Him!!! I think I know what is good for my life, but His ways are higher than my ways. Janie Beth showed me the goodness of the Lord, but I never would have picked things to go the way they did. This new baby will show me the goodness of the Lord in ways I cannot imagine. I must trust God, and cling to the promise that what He is doing makes sense in the long run. His ways are higher than my ways, and His thoughts than my thoughts.

It is scary but freeing to trust God. He already has it in His hands anyways, so why not let my heart and mind be at rest by being assured of the goodness of the Lord!

Abba, thank You for being high! Thank You for having higher ways than me! Thank You for looking at the big picture and knowing what is best for Your kingdom. Into Your hands I place my trust. Help me to do this moment by moment today. I want to walk in trust in order to taste and see Your goodness. Thank You for the blessing of being Janie Beth's mommy!!! She has showed me Your goodness in ways I never thought possible. Thank You for this new little one, and I pray that Your hand will continue to shape him/her. Thank You for my Beloved who loves me and cares for me. Who takes the time to talk to me and share with me! Thank You for my kids who make me laugh and smile. For the ways they show me You! May You continue to draw us into a family after Your own heart. May You continue to instill in us a love for You first, and then a love and compassion for others. Please continue to heal my broken heart and mold me into a pot that is usable. I love You! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment