"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Mouth

Janie Beth has really made me look deeply at myself and how I am as a wife, mother, and woman. God has been showing me a lot!! :) We have really been working on being encouraging. There is one particular verse in Proverbs that really hit home for me.

Proverbs 15:14 A wholesome tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit.

WOW!! To know that my tongue can be a tree of life, especially in my children's lives, and my husbands. I want to water my children so that they may grow strong and beautiful and not tear them down.

God has really been teaching me about how He is the Potter, and He used that even in this verse. He is the ultimate Potter, but He uses me to help mold my children. His hands gently guide my hands on the clay as it spins on the wheel. What pressure!?! I do not want to mess up. I want my children to grow into the people that God has called them to be. I do not want to stand in the way or make it harder for God. In order to be the apprentice, for lack of a better word, that God wants me to be, I must be in complete tune with the Boss. I must seek His face and read His word.

I am so thankful that Janie Beth has made me look deep within myself. She is making me see God and allow Him to mold me and search me and know me. It is amazing how He knows what I need. He knows better and more than me. This should not surprise me, but it does. How crazy!?!

I am praying for God to help me love and cherish my family. I want to love them and cherish them without reserve. It is sad that it took losing a child to realize that I wasn't fully loving the rest of my family. I can love her without fear because I can't lose her again. How sweet is that kind of love!?! It cannot be explained. I want that love for Joey, Josiah, Katie Jo, and Eli as well.

I had not applied this verse to me as a wife until typing it today. One of the main love languages for men is affirmation. (I will not admit that I almost typed affliction. :0 ) I need to use my words to affirm my husband and build him up. I should show respect with the way I say things. I am bad about making a statement (or demand) instead of asking. I should be showing my children how they should be talking to Daddy.

I do believe my tongue gets me in more trouble than anything else!

Father, please cleanse my lips and mouth. Make them a tool of encouragement and love and not destruction. May You mold me and change me according to Your will. Thank You for Your patience with me as I learn. May You guide my hands as I mother my children. May You instill in me love for Joey, Josiah, Katie Jo, and Eli. Thank You for being the best example of how to be a helpmeet and parent. You are amazing and good!!! I love You! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

My little lumps of clay and their Janie Beth animals... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment