"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Praise

Praise is how to change my focus. When thankfulness is in the forefront of my mind the sadness fades away and the love invades. It is a wonderful feeling!

I went by Janie Beth's grave on Thursday, yes, in the rain. I have no idea why it always works out that I am there in the rain. :) I had to be down the block from her so I had to drive by. Grass is beginning to peak through the mud that covers her. I hadn't planned on getting out, but her garden flad was a little messed up so I jumped out for a minute. I am so greatful that we chose to bury her and have a place for her. It is comforting to go there. I hope to get out there soon on a sunny day and let the kids go. I really want to wonder the cemetary as the weather warms. It is so old and the history is amazing!!

I wonder what the stories are behind the people. This experience has made me wonder what the story is behind everyone. What kind of pain is each person holding? Why is that woman so angry? What is going on in his heart? People who look at me don't know my story, so I know everyone has a story and I wonder what it may be. Tragedy tears away the pretty walls that we put up to show the world. It makes life real. People can smile and say they are great, but look at their eyes. The eyes show what the heart really feels. I am trying to walk in love because I have no idea what is really going on in each person's life that I encounter or pass by each day.

Spring is so refreshing!!! The new life. The sun shining. Even the rain. I have come to enjoy the rain. Through the rain God has molded my life. Through the rain I have come to enjoy the Son. Through the rain I am cleansed. I am still in the rain as we are on a long journey, but the sun is poking through. There are rays piercing through the clouds. God is so gracious!!! I will praise Him through the storm. No matter where I am, He is there with me! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! And I love your perspective on people's stories. I love to visit cemeteries and wonder the same things. Puts life's daily struggles into perspective. :) I love you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome!! Just thought I would tell you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your such an encouragement to me <3

    ReplyDelete