"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Monday, December 28, 2009

34 week appointment

WOW!!! We will go for an induction on January 6, if we go that far. I am currently 4 cm dilated. My OB will be going out of town tomorrow and will be back Jan. 5. We aren't sure that I will make it that far. I do feel quite a bit of pressure these days. We did an ultrasound and her head is measuring at 37.5 wks or so. Her belly is still measuring with my due date, and her legs are around 20 wks. Her chest has grown, but we really couldn't tell anything. Only God knows exactly what is going on. :)

I have really been wanting to know a time, but then once I had a time it was real. I still have trouble wrapping my mind around everything. I was upset after we left the office. I cried in Dillard's when we went to buy some more lambs. I got upset at Hobby Lobby getting a couple more things. It is so hard! But, as crazy as it sounds, I am beginning to get excited. I want all the time I can have with Janie Beth, but I am also ready to jump this hurdle. If she is going to pass, I am ready to be able to begin that journey with God. As we have been waiting, I feel as though I have been standing in cement, and now we will know which way to step. I want to cherish every moment we have left with her, and I am excited to get to hold her and spend time with her. I feel as though God is really going to bless her birthday. He has some mighty things in store for us through Janie Beth's journey.

I know I am going to have my ups and downs over the coming days, and I am so thankful that God is walking right along beside me. There is no way I could walk this road without Him. Joey's love and support also guides me along. He is out and about right now sorting out some things in case of her passing. God knew what He was doing when He brought us together. Imagine that!?! :)

I could easily just sit on the couch and hold my belly and not move until I go into labor, but I want to enjoy this time with her. I am thankful for friends and family who have rallied around us, and have been God's hands and feet. You all can't see me, but I am on the verge of tears with a big smile on my face. I am so thankful that God has allowed me to see His hand while walking this difficult path. My God is Mighty to Save!!!!

Janie Beth has graciously been active today. I love to feel her move!!!!! She kept me up later last night because she was moving and I didn't want to miss it. :)

Thank you all for the many prayers!!!! I know they are helping us walk this road. I love you all and could never put my gratitude into words.

Love, Michelle

5 comments:

  1. I am behind on my blog reading but I just wanted to share something with you that I was reading today and you came to my heart/mind...

    "The truth is, it is possible to be filled with joy and still not be described as "happy." Sometimes we're just plain sad, not only down in our hearts, but down to our toes...


    ...The Bible says, "A joyful heart is good medicine" (Proverbs 17:22, NASB). As we savor the joy we have in Christ, we feel the healing power of that medicine. In fact, our joy should be as consistent as God is. It doesn't have to be tied to the turbulent conditions of our feelings and moods. Our joy is grounded in God. It flows from him and back to him. Joy is not something we can generate with positive thinking or a bit of humor. It is a fruit of the Holy Spirit's work in our inner lives. Joy shines forth from the life of the true believer, no matter how dark the circumstances. Joy in God deserves our constant, courageous pursuit." -Nancy Guthrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jamie!! That is beautifully said and so very true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still praying for Janie Beth's healing. God granted me a miracle in Josh and He will grant you one too. You may not know this, but Josh almost died the night after he was born. I went down to intensive care around 5am and they wouldn't even let me touch him because he was finally resting. I just sat there crying and praying, wanting so desperately to touch and hold my baby boy. It scary enough seeing your little baby with wires connected to him everywhere, but it's worse knowing he almost didn't make it through the night. I had to wait several days to hold Josh, but when I did it was the most precious day. I truely believe his time in the hospital was a blessing. Without it we would never have had any time alone together. It's hard to believe my giant of a son was once only 5 lbs and the size of a football. Josh had to start out life as a fighter and there have been some big battles along the way, but God has been with us through them all. God will be with Janie Beth (& you) too. There may be a some battles to get through along the way but He will make a path through them. God is a God of healing. Don't stop believing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know what I did wrong but the comment above was from your Aunt Laura. We love you and are keeping the faith strong!

    ReplyDelete