"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Will I ever learn...

Joey had to leave early this morning because he is working with a friend for a couple weeks. He came in at 5:40 to tell me "bye", and then I rolled over and went back to sleep. HELLO, Michelle!!! Get your lazy self out of the bed! I am thankful for God's forgiveness. The morning only had one meltdown; I just love the 2's stage. I kept my cool, and I had some God time in the shower. Ladies, I am sure you have all been there! The problem is I kept forgetting what I was doing. I was too busy thinking. I have a routine for my showers, and my mind was elsewhere. I put shampoo in my hair and it wasn't even wet yet! LOL

This kind of showed me how my day goes when my mind isn't focused on God. I am going through the motions, but I am not sure what I have done. I am praying that God will help me get out of bed tomorrow morning for some quality time with Him before the kids get up.

I have re-focused and I pray the rest of my day will be God-focused. Amid the grief that I feel from not getting to experience the pregnancy I would have liked, I hope to enjoy this day and the blessings that it will bring.

I realized that I could easily be very mad at many things, but that isn't going to do any good. It will actually just hurt me. But, then when I am tempted to be mad or overly upset, I remember all that God has done for me so far on this journey. How can my heart not be thankful!?!

"Because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know, He holds the future. And life is worth the living just because He lives." I love the hymn "Because He Lives", and I am so thankful that God holds the future! It may not be an easy future, but it is the best future for me in God's great big plan.

I have to share one more thing. On Monday I asked for prayers for wisdom and understanding to know God's path. Well, let me share the verse He gave me that night. God is so good!!!
Isaiah 48:17 "Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God,... who leads you by the way you should go.'" AMEN!! When I start to worry about Janie Beth's birthday it is because I have forgotten Who is going to show me the way I should go.

I love you all!!! May the Lord bless you and keep you today.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you Michelle! Any day I don't get time with the Lord in the morning turns out to be a terrble day. When will we learn?!

    ReplyDelete