"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Normal

When we got home last night from family we took down our Christmas decorations. Joey and I were ready for them to be down and get the livingroom back to normal. A couple weeks ago I was writing about how I was ready for Christmas to be over so that we could get back to normal, but then I realized that our normal isn't our normal anymore.

Normal is such a relative term. It is different for everyone. We aren't even sure what our normal is going to be in a few weeks or so. Right now we have some normals that haven't changed. We are still waiting. This has been our normal for almost 2 years now as we have been searching for a church. But, now we have a whole new level of waiting. Waiting to see what happens with Janie Beth is a different type of waiting.

But, I must do them both, and I must wait in faith. Psalm 27:13-14 says "that I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and the Lord will strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord." The word wait in this verse means to wait in faith. Ouch!! How often do I fail that one!?! Until last night the rest of the verse didn't totally click with me. I need to wait in faith, trust God, and not worry, which would be having good courage, and then God will strengthen my heart to get through the journey of faith. Faith also is an active word. Waiting in faith doesn't mean that I just sit around and do nothing. I still have to keep on living and preparing. God is going to give me strength each day if I am willing to wait in faith and trust Him.

I don't know what our normal is going to turn out to be, but I know that God will get me ready for that normal. And I know that that normal is going to be full of the goodness of the Lord.

I constantly have to remind myself that He is in control and I do not need to worry because He is faithful. But, now that Christmas is over and the next thing on our plate seems to be Janie Beth, I find myself beginning to worry and be nervous. I am praying that I can truly trust God and wait in faith so that I may have the peace of God that surpasses understanding in the days, weeks, and months to come.

I pray that those of you whose normal is waiting right now will draw near to God and experience His strength for the journey you are on. This is not something that I have mastered yet! But, I pray I get am getting closer.

It was hard for me to pack up Janie Beth's ornament yesterday and wonder what type of ornament she will have next year. I ran my finger over her name several times before wrapping it up. I am so thankful that we had her with us for this Christmas whether she is with us for the next one or not. I am truly blessed!!!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I pray that God takes your "normal" and makes it "exceedingly abundantly above all you could ask or imagine", according to His Word. God is doing quite a work in your life; I believe He must be preparing you for awesome things ahead. I love you and am so blessed to know you!

    ReplyDelete