"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Monday, December 14, 2009

Doctor's Appointments Update

First off, thank you all for your prayers today!!!!

We started out at the OB. I was 32 wks yesterday, and my stomach measured 34 wks. That isn't too bad, and doesn't really mean anything. :) We will be having an ultrasound at my next appointment on the 28th to check her growth and my fluid levels. Her heartbeat was 146, which is in her normal range, and I gained a couple pounds. We discussed c-section and regular delivery. At this point, my prayer is that God would make it completely obvious if He wants us to have a c-section. One reason we asked for the ultrasound at the next appoinmtent is to check her head size. With dwarfism her head could get too big for me to be able to deliver her. I think if it is only measuring 2 wks or less ahead I will be ok because all my children have had large heads.

After meeting with the OB, we met with the Neonatal doctor. He made me feel good, in that he or his collegues will do everything they can for her. He said that they may be able to tell within a couple minutes if she will be able to breathe on her own or not, but they may not be able to tell for sure. If this is the case, then they may asperate (I think) her, upon our permission, and give her an hour or 2 to see if she "pinks up". If not, then she will be taken off the asperator and brought back to the room. I have mixed emotions about this. I don't want her to be taken away if in the end it won't do anything, but I also don't want to wonder if she would have been ok if they had done it. I feel like if she makes it, she is going to need some help for a bit, so I know a stay in the NICU would be likely in her case. But, I so want the delivery day to go just right! I want to cherish every moment that we have. I wish we knew for sure what type of dwarfism she has so we would know if she had a chance or not. But, God doesn't want us to know everything right now.

Basically, today just brought new questions. It seems as though every time I get an answer to a question, 2 more questions come up. I feel as though I am floating up above everything watching someone else live this journey. I think I kind of had a fantasy in my mind about the delivery day. That it would go smoothly and just as I had planned. Imagine that, things not going as I planned. Maybe I should let God have them go as He plans!!! I pray that Janie Beth's birthday would be filled with peace.

I have several prayer requests as we seek God's wisdom, understanding, and discernment over the weeks to come. I am just going to make a list rather than try to make sentences. :)
--what kind of delivery to have
--how much interference in Janie Beth's attempts to breathe/live
--when to have the other children come in and see/hold Janie Beth
--wisdom, understanding, and discernment for the doctors, both mine and Janie Beth's
--peace through this journey and especially on Janie Beth's birthday
--that God would draw our family together in Him and make us a family after His own heart
--health and safety for me during the rest of the pregnancy and delivery and recovery

I am so thankful for each of you and for all that you do for us. I am going to wrap this up now. It has taken me almost an hour to be able to get his typed up. :) We are going to blow bubbles on this beautiful December day. (Thank you Bethany for our bubbles!)

No comments:

Post a Comment