"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Monday, December 7, 2009

Clean and Routine

It is amazing what a clean house and getting back into a routine does for your spirit!! My house hadn't been vaccumed in over a week and the kitchen floor had several days worth of sweeping on it. Now, they are clean and I am feeling refreshed. In order for us to vaccum, we super clean up toys, so things are looking good for today. There are some football men and tools on the livingroom floor right now, but that is ok because the carpet is clean. :) We are just hanging out today. The kids enjoyed playing together this morning (I am praying it continues this afternoon.). The clothes are almost done; the dryer is probably done, but I am settled on the couch with my big watered down lemonade, my computer, and the phone. That will be my last load for today, and I am determined not to leave it in the dryer like I did the whites over the weekend. :)

As I was cleaning some thoughts came to mind. We also have to do spiritual house cleanings. My house is easier to clean when I do a little each day and keep up with the little things. My walk with God is the same way. It goes much better when I do something every day and keep up with the routine things. We try to clean the kitchen everyday and keep the toys picked up everyday, and we do laundry of some kind every weekday. In my walk with God, I need to pray, read my Bible, and spend time listening to Him everyday. How cluttered does my spiritual house get when I don't do this!?! You don't want to know! I believe with all my heart that doing those everyday things for my spiritual house are what help me when life doesn't go the way I planned. If I didn't do the everyday things in my house, then when life gets chaotic it would get a wreck. Doing the everyday things in my spiritual house as well as my structure house, keep me refreshed and clean. It takes longer to get my house clean when I don't the little things everyday, and it takes longer to get my spiritual house clean when I don't do the things needed everyday.

We all function better in our house when we stick with our routine. We have gotten away from doing our chores everyday and just following our regular structure. This week we are going to try to get back in the swing of things. We were going to start back into school today, but our cleaning took a little longer since it had been a while. So, that is on the plate for the rest of the week. I think Josiah is ready to get back also. We need to know that life keeps going even when it isn't going the way we had hoped. It is instead going the way that is best, according to God's will. I am so thankful that He knows what is best for us, and for Janie Beth.

I hope you all enjoy a nice clean and routine day soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment