"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Saturday, December 12, 2009

And God Speaks...

First, please make sure you read my last post before reading this one so that this one makes more sense. :)

God will never cease to amaze me! When I open up my heart to Him and listen, He speaks!! I was writing in Janie Beth's journal about the day and how I had told God I didn't want to walk on this road, and God steps in. :) He says, "Why don't you want to walk this road? You have no idea where it leads." Ouch! How true! Here I was bemoaning the journey I am on, and forgetting that God is doing what is best for all of us, even Janie Beth. If I were able to change my journey, then where would she end up, or me, or the rest of the family for that matter!?! I think I may need to stop telling God how He needs to run things. ;) His ways and thoughts are higher than my ways and thoughts. The verse at the bottom of her journal page tonight was Psalm 126:3, "The Lord has done great things for us, and we are glad." WOW, the Lord is doing great things for us, and while every step on this journey may not make me glad, it will in the end, and there will be many times of gladness throughout. My goodness, I have no idea what this journey truly hold for us. How in the world can I say that it won't make me glad, no matter which side of Heaven Janie Beth's miracle comes. I am not saying by any means that I will not be heartbroken and grieve her passing if we lose her, but I know that my God is faithful and He will carry me through with those Everlasting Arms. I am thankful that God knows where this journey leads so that He can show me which steps to take. He is going before me and lighting my path. God is going to amazing things through Janie Beth's journey, and I am excited to see what all He is going to do!

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Michelle!!
    I am praying for your entire family including Janie Beth!

    ReplyDelete