"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reality

Reality is what has hit me the last couple days. I found some people online who have walked this same journey, and it makes it all hit too close to home sometimes. I am thankful to have found them, but sad for the reason I have found them. Reading their stories has helped me know some questions I need to address with my OB, and has made me realize we will probably deliver in early January. I am praying we get through the holidays. I really want to have this Christmas with Janie Beth.

There is a funk over our house right now. The kids are fussy and clingy. I pray daily for wisdom in leading them through this journey. They are the ones that make my heart break. I am so thankful that God doesn't give them, as well as me, more than we can handle with Him by our side.

We talked about the Refiner's Fire in Sunday School this morning. We are in several fires right now. I am thankful that God knows what He is doing! Because I sure don't. :) I am excited to see the flowers that He is going to bloom from the road we are on. He is going before us like the headlight on the train in the dark tunnel. I am so thankful that He is watching us and will not take His eyes off of us while He has us in the fire. And then, when He pulls us out, we will be the reflection of Him. WOW!!! I know right now my reflection doesn't look much like His. The fear, worry, and selfishness creep in all too often. But, I am learning that my God is faithful no matter what!! He has shown me that throughout my life and He is showing me on an even deeper level now.

I am so thankful for all of the prayers on our behalf! They mean the world to me. I am thankful for all the hugs I get, and the outpouring of love from others. These are the realities that I am going to hang on to in the days to come!!!

Lord, may my reality be formed from Your perspective! What a difference Your perspective makes over mine. Thank You for your patience with me as I stumble down this road less travelled. Thank You for Your gentle reminders as I sat in church this morning. Lord, refine me through these fires and make me an image of You. Be glorified through Janie Beth's journey! You have great plans for us; plans for prosperity, a future, and hope. May You bless us and keep us. May You make Your face to shine upon us and be gracious unto us. May You lift up Your countenance upon us and give us Your peace. Father, thank You that all things are possible with You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

I continue to have good moments and bad moments, and I am so thankful for the fellowship of other believers on Sundays. God is so good to me!!

May you find God's reality today in the trials you are facing and focus on Him. What a difference it will make in your life.

Love always, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment