"And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live." Deuteronomy 30:6

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What can I say

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!!! I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and prayers by so many people. My words can not express the way that it touches my heart! Each and every one of you are very precious to our family. I haven't cried at all since we were on the drive over here, and I could easily let loose because of your lovingkindness.

God has been so good to us!!!!! His peace that surpasses understanding is amazing! We got some sleep last night and are awaiting the doctors. The NICU is closed right now, so we can't see Janie Beth until 8. I am doing ok with leaving her in God's most of the time. I am a little anxious for the doctor's report this morning. I am looking forward to holding her when I am able.

Before I order breakfast, I will share a funny birth story with you. We knew that I had a lot of fluid, but WOW!!!!! When the doctor broke it, it started to come out, and then someone turned on the fire hose! I even saw a little fountain while laying down. The doctor freaked out! :) I have not had my regular OB because he is out of town, and he failed to mention my massive amount of fluid to the new doc. The used the blankets on the bed to try to absorb the fluid, and they also had to mop the floor! Everyone declared that it was disgusting. The doctor was completely freaked and he jumped back and ran to the door flaring his arms for some help. Men!! Even the noise of it gushing out was pretty funny. I even had more after Janie Beth was born. There were probably at least 3 gallons in there. Unbelievable!

We will be updating throughout the day. Your continued prayers are so appreciated and welcomed. We don't know what this journey holds, but we know that God walks before us, beside us, and behind us. He is exactly what Janie's name means: God is gracious!!! I am so thankful that He is here and bigger than any doctor.

I love you all!!

6 comments:

  1. Michelle, so glad you are trusting in the Lord with Janie Beth, what a blessing she has been so far!
    Keeping you both in my prayers, Hannah Sparks
    (a friend of Jennifers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diligently reading your blog and lifting you and your family in prayer. Your sweet baby girl is just beautiful!
    (Pamt from the Fishbowl)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim and I have been following your blog all night and will be in prayer for you today!!! Janie Beth is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excerpt from 1 Thessalonians 1 (The Message) God's a amazing grace be with you! God's robust peace! Every time we think of you, we thank God for you. Day and night you're in our prayers as we call to mind your work of faith, your labor of love, and your patience of hope in following our Master, Jesus Christ, before God our Father. It is clear to us, friends (brother and sister-JP), that God not only loves you very much but also has put his hand on you for something special...The word has gotten around. Your lives are echoing the Master's Word...The news of your faith is out. We don't even have to say anything anymore--YOU'RE the message! Love, Judy P.

    ReplyDelete